Wednesday, January 5, 2011


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, a bit belated to all of you. Of course I planned a big happy Merry Christmas update but that didn't happen. Then I planned an end of the year wrap up but that didn't happen. What did happen was a big family celebration at our house this year. My parents, my sister and her daughter arrived to celebrate Christmas and the New Year with us. We thought it was fun, hopefully they did too! We stayed up too late, ate a little more than usual (ok, a lot more than usual), drug them around NYC-I can hear all of them laughing or maybe grimacing right now, but had a lot of laughs. It snowed here right after Christmas so I didn't have to hear the kids cry anymore about not having any snow at our house but ALWAYS at grandma's house!! Oh boy.

Our wish is for a Happy and Healthy New Year for all of you. 2010 was a difficult year for many, we lost so many children to this awful disease. The most recent was a girl close to home. I learned of Katy because she was a gymnast at Riverside, the gym where the girls went and where I teach. She was diagnosed in April of 2009 with Hepatoblastoma (liver cancer). She lived in Sag Harbor, just miles from us. She came home on hospice just 2 weeks ago and died just 5 days after Christmas. Beautiful young girl, same age as Hannah. Just hurts.

There will more soon, much more. Until then, bless you all.


Kim

No comments: