Sunday, September 14, 2008

September 13th, 2008 passed without much ado for Childhood Cancer. I agree with Peggy and Mimi and Kim (not me)...where is the outcry? Where is the awareness? Where are all the "pink ribbons"-you know, just a figure of speech. I was thinking about this while I was weeding the weed patch, I mean garden, today. I think that the breast cancer team has done one heck of a job getting the word out about breast cancer. You can't fault them for that, maybe what we can do is learn from them. We are starting quite a few years after, reaching out, trying to get more funding for the kids. It's not just my child, it could be yours too. Little by little, persistence pays off (and like Peggy says, I don't I'll stop shopping at Target!)

But, September is Childhood Cancer Awareness MONTH...not just one day, but the whole month. So, let's keeping going. Hannah and I are planning our next bake sale, just trying to keep the word out there and still try to help the kids that may not be as lucky as we are right now. Did I say lucky? I guess I did.

I wanted to share some pictures with you from today. This afternoon, Dave took the girls to the driving range...(Grandma and Grandpa- Hannah says she wants to be ready for you. She asked me today why we never play golf at your house, and I told here we will be there at Christmas, with snow on the ground.) More pictures to share tomorrow, I have some great shots of Hannah in the weed patch, I mean garden. I can't seem to make it to the end of this post, I'm off to bed. Lumbar Puncture tomorrow, so hopefully a diagnosis on this pesty thing soon.







Kim

No comments: