Sunday, May 25, 2008

RELAY FOR LIFE UPDATE...100 LUMINARIAS!!!!


Yes, it's 100 WOW!!!! Thank you Josephine and Sarah who called today and wanted to bump us up to 100. We have been working working working this weekend on the bags, and we're done with all 100!!! Woohoo!! I am working on pictures to post here. It is really going to be wonderful walking around that track looking at all the luminarias from all of you. THANK YOU!

Tonight we have a special prayer request for our very good friend Alec. Alec has really been having a difficult time lately, with another brain surgery, shunt problems, now pneumonia and necrosis (scar tissue) in the brain from radiation which is pressing against his brain stem. He was in the ICU at Stony Brook and now they have transferred to Schneiders. Here is a picture of Alec on his smart cycle with his mom Amy. It's a therapeutic interactive cycle that hooks into the tv. I hope he'll have lots of fun on it! Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He really needs a break.

We are still waiting for our pool to be finished. The filter and skimmer need to be installed, all the dirt around has to be backfilled and put back into place, and the heater has to be installed. But, that didn't stop several in our family from trying out the water. Lots more on this tomorrow, I'm too tired to go on!!!!!!

xoxo Kim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better warn the fire department!!!!! :) Team Hannah's going to LIGHT up the night!! Way to go on all those luminaries!! That's just awesome. Congrats!! :)

Alec and his family will certainly be in my prayers. My heart goes out to him and his family.

~Heide
m/o ^Jessica^; forever 17
http://caringbridge.org/visit/jessicarandall
TEAM UNITE! Help Conquer Childhood Cancer!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh Kim, you crack me up! I totally wanted nothing to do with that frog, but there it was on the living room floor. I was standing like 10 feet away, crouching down trying to see it, but ready to bolt for the door if it decided to attack me. LOL They are really only about the size of a half dollar. The funny part was, Jamey picked it up and was headed out the door when it jumped out of his fingers and started bouncing it's way across the kitchen floor. Colbey grabed a shoe box without a top and yelled at us to put it in the box! I said "NO WAY" it will jump out again. He cried when we put it outside, but... there is no pond in his room for the critter to live so we had to let it go.
So.. do I have any relay pointers? How long do you plan on being there? I recomend bringing snacks, and extra shoes, sunscreen, water, and lots and lots of tissues. Take notes.. you will meet so many people, your gonna forget your own name. I always buy the kids glow sticks for night time. I don't know if you have a Dollar Tree store near you, but they have glow stick necklaces and stuff. The kids love them for night time. Bring extra cash! A lot of tents will be selling stuff for fundraising, not to mention the raffles and games that are going on all day. It is so much fun.. you will be part of it forever now! You and the girls are going to love it! I can't wait to hear how it goes!
Have a good week, let me know if I can help with any other pointers!

Amy... Kasey's mom

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Hannah's Cans for Cancer and to all those who contributed. It has helped us with the expense of Alec's bike and cool games to get him on his feet again; he loves it as you can see from the picture.
Can't wait to leave the hospital and ride again.
Love,
Amy nad Alec