Monday, April 28, 2008

We have lots and lots to report, but if I put it all in one post, no one could make it through, so a little at a time!

We got back home Saturday night about midnight. The girls had a great time and Grandma and Grandpa's house, and of course with cousin Sydney too. I sure wish we all lived closer together. We'll get to see them all again in June, for Hannah's no more cancer celebration...more on that later. Here are some pictures from the fun..the girls feeding the birds with Grandpa.

We also went to Chicago one day on the train from Michigan City to see the play Wicked with my mom. We stopped first in Chicago to see "the bean", which is this huge silver blob that everyone says looks like a coffee bean. It was really fun underneath the bean to see the prism effect. Some more pictures at the bean and at lunch where Hannah lost her tooth...






Alot more to write about our spring break, but I'll wait for my next post. I wanted to mention the 4H horse show. After getting home after midnight on Saturday, we were at the 4H preparing for the horse show the next morning. It wasn't fun getting so little sleep...especially because little Tod decided to keep Dave and I up the ENTIRE NIGHT when we got home with whining. Don't know why, but he seems to be back to normal now, thank goodness. Hannah had told me last week that she wanted to win Champion at this show because at the last show she was in...over a year ago...she got Reserve Champion (second place.) I really didn't think there was any way Hannah would come close to winning, but of course didn't mention that to her. I just tried to remind her that this show was only for fun, we do our best, and just have a good time, regardless. Well, guess what? Yep-GRAND CHAMPION. There were only 4 girls in her competition, and Hannah did great. Still not back to where she was before the tumor, but really coming along well. And Colby did great! this show Colby moved up to ride with the experienced girls (whose ages range from 14-20) and are all more experienced than Colby. To say the least, Colby was a bit apprehensive. She also did GREAT, and won lots of ribbons too. More pictures...


























So lots more to write, especially about our visit to Pine School, our visit with Sydney, etc. etc. Thanks for keeping up with us,

xoxo Kim

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you all enjoyed your vacation. Kaitlyn loved looking at the horse pictures. Congratulations on your win Hannah! Kaitlyn and Lauren love horses---I am going to try to see if I can get them lessons somewhere near here. Hannah looks Great!!!---Hopefully we can see you guys soon.
Love Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Way to go Hannah- Grand Champion! Wow! You are an amazing young lady!

So happy you had a great trip and will be celebrating with your family again soon!

All the best,

Anne's friends from MA- Sarah & Caroline

Anonymous said...

What great pictures and great achievements from both the Prokop girls! Way to go ladies. Loved the pictures from Chicago...I love that place. So happy your vacation was so wonderful You guys all deserve it!
Love
Mrs. V

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sending such a wonderful post about your vacation and sending all the great pictures. You must have come home awfully tired, but also thinking of all the fun over the past week. As much as Tod drives you a little crazy sometimes, he loves you and that is why he cried with relief all night when he found out that you hadn't abandoned him. We particularly loved seeing you at the horse show, Hannah, and congratulations on your big win!
Love, The Griffins

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannie: We just love the pictures of you and Colby at the horse show. You guys really don't even look a bit tired after the busy week we had and the long trip home!! I love the great big smiles of you and Colby and Emilie--were those before or after the ribbons? How exciting it must have been to win Champion--but you know that you girls are the champions of our hearts all the time!!
The picture of you and Colby in Chicago at the restaurant looks like you are smoking!!!!! Grampa was a little upset until I told him that it is when you lost your tooth and that little piece of napkin was to stop the little bit of blood when you ripped the tooth out on the delicious bread that you ate so much of--right?! When he heard that he laughed!!
We were so glad to have you girls come to Indiana for your spring break---our next big adventure--June 28th!!!
Love you bunches OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
Grampa and Gramma

Anonymous said...

Hi there Miss Hannah!
Hi there mom Kim!
Your girls look awesome on those horses! I am impressed! I love seeing youngens do things I would never dream of doing. How fun and what an experience. Miss Hannah.. big kuddos to you for your classroom talk last week! I was so nervous when I spoke in front of Kaseys class and they are way younger than me! You did a great job I am sure! I get to talk to a crowd of people at our Relay in May! I have never talked to a group so big. I am going to practice my speach though.
I am sending big hugs to you guys!
Hope you have a great upcoming weekend!

TTFN,
Amy.... Kasey's mom

Anonymous said...

Hi there Hannah and family,
I came by your blog spot from another family's CB site. I have a daughter fighting Medullo too. She was also a patient of Dr. Egnor's at Stony Brook. Anyway, I thought I would reach out being that we are in the same stinky boat. Hannah, I wish you all the best little one.

Bonnie and Gina Mulieri
Holbrook, NY
www.caringbridge.org/visit/ginamulieri