Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I had a meeting at the school today regarding Hannah's school performance and progress. We meet with the school once every 3 months to make any modifications to her school plan she has in place. I am so happy to report that the teachers and aides all say she is doing wonderfully! She is working at or above her grade level and she has maintained or improved since our last update in all areas of her studies at school. She is also really back in the groove of the school day. Hannah has a full time aide with her at all times during the day. Mrs. W (as Hannah calls her) is the best. There couldn't be a better fit for Hannah than Natalie. She is such an advocate for Hannah, and such a great support for her. We all love her! We have seen Hannah begin to rely on Natalie less and less as time goes by and she gets used to the normal routine again. The teachers all reported today that Hannah is just a different kid now, since the end of chemo and return to regular school again. I couldn't agree more!

Thank you to all of you who left a message for our friend Alec (see my last entry.) He is scheduled for another surgery tomorrow, to help stop his hydrocephalus. Keep up the prayers, he still needs our help and support.

xoxo Kim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah!
So glad to hear you are doing so well in school! I don't know how you managed to get a full time aide! I would love for Kasey to have one of those! School canbe so tough.. glad your hanging in there!
Have a good night.. battery in the lap top is dying out!

Amy... Kasey's mom
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kaseyradford

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah

Glad to hear that you are doing so well. We are excited to see you soon and keep up the good work.

Love, Aunt Susie

Anonymous said...

SO good to hear that you are doing so well Hannah Banana. Not that I am surprised...brilliance is your middle name! Keep up the good work honey. Sorry I haven't been around much but I have been thinking of you often.
Love to all the Prokops
Mrs V

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim...been wanting to get in touch with you and tell you THANK YOU soooo much for the book you sent me! I can't wait to read it. I was very tempted to dig into it already, but I'm making myself wait until we're admitted for transplant...it will give me something to do! We also appreciatge your messages on Coleman's carepage. I hope you know how much I appreciate your kindness and support Kim. God Bless you- and glad to hear Miss Hannah is doing so well...go get em Hannah!
Love from Iowa,
The Larsons