Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter everyone! As I sat in church today I listened to the priest speak of the meaning of Faith-believing that God can do what sometimes seems impossible. I thought about all that Hannah has been through this last year. Last year at this time, we were still in Boston, in the middle of our radiation treatments. My mom and dad brought Colby up for the weekend, and we all went to church, then to lunch (praying Hannah would eat something.) I recall that she ate one piece of bread and none of her favorite ravioli. That's it. I sat in church with Hannah and the family and cried. I was mad at God, and upset. Wondering how he could let this happen to Hannah. Was it because of something I had done, or not done? Was this punishment?

Well, of course it wasn't punishment. It takes time to work through all of that. I believe God doesn't indivually single out children to get sick. But God can help you make it through. We're in a better place now, Hannah is through the worst of it, and is recovering nicely. So today as I sat in church I thought of our other little warriors who aren't through the worst of it yet. I thought of Coleman from Iowa, and Jacob, and Alec and Nicholas. And so many many more. All our little warriors fighting as hard as they can. As we celebrate Jesus's resurrection, let us stop to pray for those needing a helping hand from Him right now.



Hannah didn't feel that well this morning. Last week they changed her anti-nausea medicine to generic. We immediately began having problems with morning nausea again, no eating, etc. We got it changed back to the brand name, and we have seen improvement, but we're not back to where she was before the change. That didn't stop the traditional egg hunt this morning. By now, we don't have to hide the fact that mom and dad hide the eggs. They still have fun finding them though, including their easter baskets. Then we went to celebrate with Aunt Kathleen and Bill today. Hannah made a special bunny cake, she insisted on making it and decorating it (almost) all by herself. When it came time for the cake, she served it also. She is quite the baker. Maybe someday all of you will be eating at Hannah's Bakery!
Here are a few pictures of Hannah with her creation. I don't know how the scarf became her indian headdress, but those of you that know Hannah know it's possible.

I hope you all had a relaxing and blessed Easter!

xoxo Kim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Kim and Hannah---I love the earrings!!And your hair is coming in so nicely! We have been looking for a Nintendo Wii too so if I find any I will let you know. We will be at clinic on Tuesday--hope to see you
By the way Kim I forgot to thank you for the book--My brain is always forgetting something--I read the prologue and teared up so I put it down and plan to pick it up again soon---Funny how sometimes things can make me well up and other times I am a rock!
Love, Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Hannah.. and Hannah's whole family! That bunny cake looks awesome! I made a new cake today too! It's called creamy orange cake. I found it in a Betty Crocker cookbook.
Your baskets look great too!
I am glad you had a good day.
Mom.. you can put last year's Easter in the record books. Your baby is better this year and thats what counts. I could go into a ton of memories of Kasey's first year but I am thinking happy thoughts today!
Hope your whole family had a good Easter! and Hope you all have a really good week ahead of you!

Amy.. Kasey's mom

Anonymous said...

Hannah,
Happy (2 day late) Easter! Hope you had fun and got lots of candy. Hopefully the easter bunny left you eggs to hide (the easter bunny didn't even TOUCH the eggs)!

-Tori