Friday, March 21, 2008




Boy that was a pretty sorry sounding post last night! Today was much better for Hannah the earring queen. After crying as she was drifting off to sleep last night, she slept soundly without any earring problems. She woke this morning trying to convince me that she had to sleep perfectly still without anything touching her ears. But I knew better, since she slept upstairs with us! Her ears don't hurt anymore like they did yesterday and after she figured that out, she has decided that she will keep the earrings. She will turn them periodically, but she won't clean them and changing her shirts is still an issue. Last night I thought it was about a 50/50 chance of her deciding she would take them out. She asked me today how long it would be before she could have them pierced again if she took them out now. I told her at least 2 years. She seems happy with them now, and I think she is now enjoying already receiving earrings....grandma! Here are a few pictures from tonight, her happy earring faces!

An update for Hannah's Cans for Cancer: we have been looking all over town for the Nintendo Wii's, but none are to be found right now. The search cotinues. Hannah wanted to buy a few new craft items for clinic, so today she bought lots of fun foam which we will take with us next week. She said that while she was in the hospital on Med 4, she would have liked to do these projects, so that's what she bought. She also delivered some toys to Dr. Mercier-her pediatrician's office today. He has been so supportive to Hannah and our family and the last time we were there a few weeks ago, Hannah decided she would like to give a few new toys to the kids that "are sick and have to come to the doctor like me." Her Cans for Cancer program gives her the opportunity to give back to other kids, and she really enjoys it. Thank you to all of you for being a part of that and helping Hannah help other children.

xoxo Kim

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Miss Hannah.. I love the new look! Earrings are essential to a young ladies wardrobe. So I pray you keep them! You know what.. when I had my ears first pierced, my daddy pierced them for me. Yup, in the bathroom with an icecube and a needle. I loved them! I have even had them pierced twice since then, but only use the holes from my dad's doing a long long time ago. I was 6! Now I am almost 33! Yikes! Have a very Happy Easter. Hope the bunny leaves you lots of goodies!

Hugs...
Amy... Kasey's mom

Anonymous said...

you look marvelous my dear hannah banana. Your earrings look great too! Piercing is trumatic to be sure. Happy Happy Easter to you and your wonderful family. I know that the Easter Bunny will bring you all lots of goodies. You are truly an inspiration with all of your work on behalf of other kids...amazing!
Lots and Lots of Love
Mrs. V

Anonymous said...

Hi there earring princess !
I am so glad you chose to keep yor earrings in . Can you believe that some people get their nose, lip,and belly button pierced? ! Talk about OUCH !!! I have had pierced ears since the 5th grade and I remember cleaning them and having to twist them around every night...but it was really worth it because when it was time to finally change them I had a new pair for almost every outfit. We received the bunny pops today and Liam and Avery wanted to have "them" for dinner ! Hope you find lots of eggs tomorrow. ENJOY...and thanks for your cute note !! : )

Anonymous said...

Oh Hannah, what an awesome look! With your hair styled that way and your beautiful earrings you look so grown up and happy. I bet you will be glad you did it very soon, especially when you go shopping for and receive gifts of new earrings.
We check yor blog everyday or two and this was a treat and your faces put a smile on my face.
YOU GO GIRL!
Patty & Jim Forrest

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, Hannah, Kim, and family!

Wow!! CONGRATULATIONS Hannah on getting your ears pierced!!!! That's so awesome, and I'm so proud of you for deciding to keep them in. :) You look absolutely beautiful!!!

Jessica wanted so badly to get her lip pierced, and FINALLY (after MUCH begging), her oncologist very hesitantly allowed her. She was on chemo AND steroids, so it was definitely not exactly the most brilliant thing to do.

But, we did it and I'm so so so glad that we did. That lip ring made her SO happy!! And, I just know that you're very proud of your earrings, as you SHOULD be! I bet you can't wait until you get to start changing them ... you've probably already picked out all sorts of pretty ones, huh?

Well, I wish you all a lovely day!! Thanks for the updates (I actually only found two of them this morning, as they went into my SPAM box!! argh) ...

~Heide
m/o ^Jessica^; forever 17
http://caringbridge.org/visit/jessicarandall

PS--Jessica was 16 when she got her lip pierced, so don't get any crazy ideas!!! (haha)

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah Love and Family,
Happy Easter to all of you. May this be a blessed day full of sunshine and much love and happiness to surround you and your family. I am sure you got lots of candy and surprises for Easter morning. My daughter Lesa is home for the weekend with her boyfriend(Rich). We went to church this morning and then came back to have an outdoor Easter egg hunt. We had such fun and were blessed with the sunshiny day. Of course Lesa's
dad still had to help her fine the eggs like when she was real little.
daddy's little girl always.
How exciting to get your ears pierced. My girlfriend pierced my ears with icecubes and string when I was 13. They have been pierced ever
since. Once the first few days go by and you get into the routine of cleaning and turning them it will be fine. You are a determined girl and I know you will get through this too. Start looking through all the catalogs for some new earrings that will compliment your beautiful hairstyle.
Enjoy the rest of your Easter day and rest tomorrow for return to school on Tuesday.
I Love You Much,
Love & Blessings,
Mrs. Baker(Lynnis)