Sunday, Feb. 10, 2008

Well it's been a long few days, but finally feeling pretty much back to normal. Saturday Dave came down with something, never quite rushing to the bathroom like the rest of us, but enough to keep him down for the weekend, so that's saying a lot. Saturday the girls and I stayed in bed in the morning, our bodies trying to recover. No-one made it to riding, so you know they were not feeling well.



Hannah really rallied and was feeling so much better this weekend. She got the virus first, so she was feeling better first. She was determined to make it the Me and My Pal Girl Scout Dance that our troops were hosting, and had prepared for. I would have preferred to be snuggling in at home but.....She missed it last year, and I couldn't help but think back to where we were at this same time last year, only 7 days out from the initial surgery. So, on that note, I happily went to the dance with her. Here are a few pictures of the night. Look at how great she looked, and that pretty corsage too, it's Pam thinking of her again, thanks!

She ended up having a great time, although at one point yelling at me while crying "this is the worst dance EVER!" She was mad because we were helping with the picture taking and missed one of her favorite dances. We made it up though, and danced quite a bit, which she loved. It was nice seeing many people we have not seen since diagnosis, because we really haven't been around and doing many girl scout things until recently again. That was great! I had to be careful though about not spending too much time talking to other adults, she wanted all the attention, and who could blame her?

It's way too late to add more, but will update again soon, you have to see a close up of all of Hannah's new hair, and hear about her latest Cans for Cancer venture!

xoxo Kim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweet Hannah: Look at you!! All dressed up for the dance!! I love the picture of you and Mommy because you both look like you feel SOOOO much better!! Hooray!! I also notice something else--your necklace. Do you remember when you got it? I do!! It's looks very pretty with your outfit. And that Mrs. Reimer---she is so talented isn't she--and thoughtful too for making the corsage that you are wearing. You and Mommy look like you had a blast!!
Well, so glad that we finally have the webcam figured out and got to see you and Colby while we talked yesterday!! That was great fun!
Be sure and let Grampa know which country you are going to have to research so he can give you some suggestions!!
I just know how much more fun you are going to have at school with all of your friends now that you are feeling better.
Talk to you soon. Thanks for the new e-mail address!!
Love you to pieces!!
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
Grampa and Gramma

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girls! I'm glad that you had a great time and can definitely see the new hair coming in - woo hoo! We've all been struggling with the cold/flu too - and it seems like we just pass it back and forth! UGH!

Get well and stay well everyone!

Love you lots!

Angela

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah,
You and Mom both looked so beautiful at the Girl Scout's Valentine Dance. The red dress you wore was so perfect for the dance and it was very special to have a corsage on your wrist. Even Mom managed to find a red jacket to wear to the dance. I was a Girl Scout leader a long time ago, and still, when I meet any of my former scouts, they thank me and tell me they remember all the fun they had in my troop. Years from now, Hannah, you will remember your friends in Girl Scouts and the special Valentine's Dance you and Mom went to this past weekend.
We are surprised that you didn't dress Tod up with a big red ribbon and bring him to the dance also.
Love, The Griffins

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah Love and family,
I am so happy to hear you are all feeling much better from that terrible virus.
I have been amiss lately and just finally caught up with your blog update. I was glad to see you in school today also looking so well and full of energy. you go girl!!
Your hair looks like it will still be blonde, maybe in will come in curly. Never know. Will you grow it as long as before. No matter what, you will always be beautiful and your smile with shine forever.
Now I can see why red is your favorite color. Hannah, your dress is beautiful and you look absolutely gorgeous at the valentine's dance. I was so happy you were able to attend and have a wonderful time.
How is little Tod? Did you get to view the westminster dog show at all. It is on tonight as well. I just love watching all the dogs. There was a beautiful standard poddle (Jane) was she poofy.
I am looking forward to break from school and the library. I will be visiting both my girls and of course little Jacob. By the way he is on the stroll now walk and more walking. He can also hi over the phone to me.
Hannah, my dear kindred spirited girl I continue to pray for you and I am so thankful that you have reached the bottom of that steep hill. I pray for all good things to come for to you and your family. May you continue to be an inspirtion to all of us.
I look forward to seeing yu at school this week.
Happy Valentine's Day you.
I Love You Much,
Love & Blessings,
Mrs. Baker (Lynnis)