Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2007

The boys!


Just a quick update tonight. We finished putting up our Christmas decorations today. Hannah got up this morning at 9:30, could have been from the two dogs barking to go out! Hannah is so lucky to have Charley and Maisy's mom to help with Colby in the mornings, I can't thank you enough Mary!

We spent the day here doing homework, trying to get Hannah to eat without too much crying, and getting the decorations up. Hannah was able to play piano with her teacher tonight for about 10 minutes, and even though she is not up for practicing at home, she does a good job on Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer when she is there!

Sometimes I just can't believe what Hannah comes up with. Tonight, after she had been in bed already for 20 minutes she called me in to say that she thought the last day of chemo meant "no more port sticks." I told her that she won't have to get accessed so often for chemo anymore, but that didn't really appease her . She was keen enough to mention that she might need blood the week of Christmas, which means another stick! She hears everything I say, during every conversation during the day. We talked about it for quite a while, and I told her that after about 3 months, they would take her port out, but she said she would still have to have sticks (although I know she doesn't realize she will need an IV for things like MRI's every 3 months going forward). I would rather cross that bridge later.

I love all the Christmas cards that we have been receiving. My favorite poem so far:

What cancer cannot do
It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter hope
It cannot corrode faith
It cannot destroy peace
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot suppress memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot invade the soul
It cannot steal eternal life
It cannot conquer the spirit

Thank you Anne. My hope is that my cards get out sometime this year!

xoxo Kim

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah,
Tod looks SO CUTE in his Santa suit! We hope you feel alot better by Christmas and get EVERYTHING on your list for Christmas.
We miss you!
Love, Colleen & Joe

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Hannah is doing so well and almost done with her treatments. I enjoy checking your site daily and seeing the new pictures and hearing how well Hannah is doing.
I know the feeling of not wanting to think about the IV's for the kids for their MRI's. I have been putting off getting Josh's port removed because he handles the accessing better than the finger picks.

I enjoyed the poem also. I would like to think of all the good things cancer can do.


Cancer brings us new friends.
Cancer brings us closer to existing friends.
Cancer tests us and strengthens us.
Cancer gave us a chance to see Boston.
Cancer gave us a chance to see "Go, Diego, Go".
Cancer has brought us so many new adventures, not all of them bad.
Cancer gave us more appreciation for our kids.
Cancer gave our kids a chance to see others love.
Cancer has given us a hope for a cure (treatment has come a long way).
Cancer draws us to the Lord.
Cancer helped me to be a "NURSE" without every going to school.
Cancer has increased our computer knowledge (with having web sites).
Cancer has given our kids a way to impress others with who they are and how they react to things.
Cancer has no power over us, the Lord is in control (if we let Him).
Cancer has humbled us like nothing else.
Cancer really reminds us of what Christmas is really about.

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas. Glad to hear her treatments will be done before Christmas.

Merry Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah Love,
Well, Tod'sSanta outfit is so adorable. I guess he really does not need a new sweater too soon. I have not had time to do much knitting lately anyway. You both look so great in red. I can see from the pictures that Riley and Tod seem quite content with each other.
Beautiful Christmas tree. I am sure the decorations will look beautiful. I love your footy p.j.! for the colder nights. Nice and cozy warm.
I am so glad to hear that your counts have been staying stable and you are soon to your last treatment. Wonderful news! Keep getting good restful sleep and eat as best you can. You truly are coming down to the bottom of that steep hill. I pray for you to finally see much light and sunshine in the days ahead. Hang in there my kindred spirited girl. You have endured alot in this last year along with your family and I wish you all good things to come for 2008.
Great news to hear of your gramma and grampa coming for Christmas and your cousin too. Hannah, you must be so excited to have them with you.
My grandson will turn 1yr old this Sunday. He is just starting to take a few steps on his own. I hope when we visit during Christmas Holiday he will really be on the move.
I will check in over the weekend. I will be working at the library.
Have a good weekend. We are suppose to get more snow. Maybe you will get to build a snowman or snowwoman.
Have a wonderful night.
I Love You Much,
Love & Blessings,
Mrs. Baker (Lynnis)

Anonymous said...

Christmas Cards unsent should be the very last of your concerns. Every day that you write to this blog is your gracious way of sending love out when it is one of the many other, more important things you have to do. Enjoy the holiday for what it is for, love and laughter, warmth and family, sharing and joy! God Bless all the Prokops, I know that I have been blessed by having you all in my life!
Have a Christmas of all Christmas'
Love
Mrs V

Anonymous said...

Hello Hannah and Family,
Todd and Riley look like best friends. They are so cute together! We can not wait to meet Todd! Will Todd grow any bigger? Keep up the good work. You are almost through. We think of you everyday, wishing you happy thoughts. Tell Colby I can not believe how long her hair is. We will talk to you very soon!!!!

Love Aunt Paige, Kate and Lynsey