Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2007

We spent the morning at clinic again today, this time getting Hannah's MRI's. It is actually a four part MRI, the head, the spine, the head with contrast dye, and the spine with constrast dye. It's a long time to lay still, but she gets small breaks in between. She did really well. She does have little signs for me like moving the feet a little is just playing around, moving the feet a lot means I have to go the bathroom NOW!

The results usually take a day or two, the pictures have to be read by the radiologist before they can release anything to us. I received a call on the way home from the doctor's assistant. It had only been an hour. Usually that means one thing-it's BAD. They only call you so quickly if they see something. As she started speaking, all I could hear was "come right back to the hospital", but the words were "all clear, everything looks good!" This lady is new at the hospital and obviously doesn't know the "make them wait" strategy. She almost gave me a heart attack!!

All we need now to complete our lucky three before Christmas is a good check up on Monday, Christmas Eve at the clinic. I'm praying that her counts are holding up and she won't need blood or shots around the holidays. They did say they might let her go a bit lower without trying to artificially raise her up since she has no more chemo left. But, they can only go so low before they have to give a transfusion or give her the ANC boosting shots.

Now for the fun stuff-CLUE #5, of course, 5 golden rings. We didn't find this clue until this morning, it had blown behind the Cans for Cancer bins. Hannah and I opened it at 6:30am when we left for clinic. Now we know they are "5 of them". The rings were great......can't wait for #6!!

Tonight was Dave's birthday, so we celebrated with homemade cards from the girls, and a cake that Hannah helped make and decorated by herself. She really does love to bake. Here is a picture of Hannah's card to Dave, modeled after a card she saw earlier. If you can't quite read it, is says:
Why old people should not tell jokes
Person #1: Knock Knock
Person #2: Can you wait a minute, I think someone is at the door.
Isn't it a riot?

All is good and so far this Christmas season we have really been blessed. Now if some Christmas angel could swoop down and get my Christmas cards out, that would really be a miracle! Just think of it this way, we'll be unique this year, the only card you receive AFTER the holidays!

xoxo Kim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news Hannah - another great step for you and everyone who loves you.

So, it appears that I need to work on my reading comprehension skills and that means my guesses are probably way off! - don't have any more input on your mystery but please keep us posted as it progresses.

Rest up and keep getting ready for Santa - I know he will be very very happy to visit you this year

love
liza

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah Love,
What wonderful news about your MRI testing. May you body continue to heal and I pray for good counts on Christmas Eve. I will be at my grandson's of course but they have their computer hooked up again so I will be visiting your blog. I want to see some great pictures at Christmas. I bet you are having fun decorating the tree with the five golden rings. Can not wait to find out who the secret santa is.
Kim, I would hope you take time to just breath and relax. No cookie nigtmares or Christmas card frenzy. I sent cards out one year after Christmas its okay. I have not even done outside decorations cookies or cards and I don't have any excuses. Just take the time to be with your family but knowing you, you'll get it all done.
Happy Birthday to Dave!! Have not seen you in the library lately. Any good reads to recommend. Let me know.
Wishing you all the best for this Christmas.
I Love You Much,
Mrs. Baker ( Lynnis)

Anonymous said...

YIPPPEEEE!! What great news! I am so happy for all of you. Kim, thank you so much for keeping all of us up to date. Forget the Christmas Cards, your blog is so much more personal and important. I look forward to it every day and read it to my husband...many times through tears of joy these days!
Happy Birthday Dave...great card Hannah and Hello to the whole wonderful family. Love
Mrs V