Sunday, Dec. 23, 2007

The Eve of Christmas Eve. The weekend was spent preparing for Christmas, with last minute errands. We had a celebration dinner last night celebrating the end of Hannah's chemo and this phase of treatment. Hannah wanted ravioli, so we went Italian. Unfortunately Hannah only ate one ravioli and a bit of ice cream at the end, but it was worth it anyway. Her tastes change so often, one time she wants something and another time it tastes bad to her. I'm sure all the others in the restaurant were wondering why Hannah's head spent so much time on the table, but it's par for the course right now. Colby tried to keep her spirits (and her head) up by telling jokes and stories.

Tomorrow we go back to clinic to check her counts. I hope they are good so that we can attend church on Christmas day.

On to the fun......Day #10 arrived last night, we found it on our way out to dinner. They couldn't wait until we got home, so they opened it right away to find 10 lords a leaping...or rather one snowman leaping, so cute! Clue #11 is here tonight, but they have already gone to bed so it will have to wait until morning. Do you think the final package tomorrow will contain the identity, or another clue???

xoxo Kim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

Congratulations on Hannah's celebration of the end of chemo treatment!!! It is a wonderful feeling, to say "it's done." I also know it is a little scary to say she's done. But God has great things in store for Hannah. What a perfect Christmas gift, to have chemo to be finally over. I know we had a huge celebration for Josh. Hannah certainly ate more at her celebrationa than Josh did. I am not sure he actually ate anything. He was mostly drinking his calories back then. It has gradually been getting better, but he still likes to drink the most. I think he finds comfort in it.

I hope your whole family has a terrfic Christmas.

Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers,
Gloria Quaintance

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim & Hannah -

I am glad you are doing well! I think about you guys all the time and am sorry I left the clinic last week without saying good-bye. Have a wonderful wonderful Christmas. I hope Santa brings you everything you want and more! See you both soon

Love Debbie & Jake

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah Love and all the Prokop family,
I wish you a very merry merry christmas.
Did Gramma and Grandpa arrive yet? Just in time for Santa's arrival.
I am now in New Hampshire with my adorable grandson Jacob. My daughter Lesa and her boyfriend are here as well so I feel very blessed we will all be together.
I will check you blog again. I pray all went well with clinic today and you are able to make mass for the Christmas blessing.
May all you are wishing for come your way.
I Love You Much,
Love & Blessings,
Mrs. Baker (Lynnis)
Kim,thank you too for your email. I am so thankful to have you as a friend. You are an inspiration to all that meet you.