Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Done with Round 3!! We spent another full day in the clinic today, and now we are finished with Round 3. Today her counts were all acceptable (even if not in their normal range) and her weight was down by about 1/2 pound, not a big deal.

We have a short break until next Thursday, Round 4. We are now starting on the repeat of Cycles 1, 2 and 3 so now I know what to watch for with each cycle, compared to how she reacted the first time around. Her doctor pointed out today that Hannah tolerated this round much better than others with regards to neuropathy. He said it could be the vitamin E regimen we have her on. The telling factor will be our next round, again of cisplatin beginning next week for 5 days. If she doesn’t get the neuropathy exhibited quite strongly the first time around, the Vit E is definitely helping with that. We’ll see!

I would like to say that today was easier in the clinic, but it was not. Hannah is having a tough time lately, probably because she is so out of control of this whole process. Yesterday she ran screaming when one of the therapists arrived at our house. She refused to participate (I think it's all about control of what she does and when she does it, and she didn't want to do it!) Same with the accessing today, she is at a total loss of control over the situation. I can't imagine that it will do anything but get worse from here on in. She is very interested now in "how much chemo is left, how many days, when is our next chemo?" I am always honest and up front with her, but to hear "Thanksgiving" is tough for her, and a long way off. Thank goodness that otherwise, she seems happy.

Tomorrow is another full day of tutoring and therapy (even though she is insistent that we go to the aquarium.) Thursday we will head to Vermont for the weekend for some time with our cousins, the Prokops from Texas.

xoxoKim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there Hannah,

Well done - you are 1/3 finished - that is a great milestone for you.

Have a nice time in VT this weekend, I will be bringing out those Italian and Spanish bandaids this weekend so look for them when you return.

Have fun

love
liza

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!!! Have a relaxing weekend and enjoy the break!

Always thinking and praying for you all!!!

Love,

Randy, Angela, Logan & Noah

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah Sunshine,
Well, did you brighten my day getting to see you on Thursday morning at the Deli in Southold. I truly believe God orchestras these times for me to see you and of course Mom and Colby. I was going to try and visit you this weekend. Wow, I finally got to meet Riley too- what a beautiful doggy.
I am sure you are having a blast with your family from Texas. You are quite the busy girl. My family and I will be taking the Ferry Trip across to New London to view the Firework display from the boat. We did this many years ago and it was cool.So far the weather today has been beautiful and I think the evening will be very pleasant.
Hannah remember to rest up also this weekend and not get too tired.
I pray for the sunshine to bring you happy days and peaceful moments. You are always in my heart love and I wish you well.
I hope before I leave on my next trip up north, I will get to visit you. '
Hang in there my kindered spirit. You are amazing.
I Love You Much.
Love & Blessings,
Mrs. Baker ( Lynnis)
Happy Vacation.