Thursday, June 28, 2007

Hannah went yesterday for her Audiogram and a follow up MRI. One of the chemo drugs is very ototoxic (damaging to the hearing), so they monitor that very closely. As soon as they see her hearing start to drop off, they decrease the drug dosage. So far, all is good, she actually tested better yesterday than on her test 3 months prior. She had ear wax removed from her ears by Dr. Mercier, so that could possibly be the cause for the slightly better test.

Then it was on to the MRI, which she doesn't mind, all except for the dye they had to inject into her port. Anything to do with that port is traumatic, so she was upset that they had to inject her, and then more upset when they said they could not deaccess her (which we were told they could do and did all the time.) So, after the MRI we had to trudge back over to the clinic to get the nurses to do it. We made it just before they left for the day, otherwise I would have just deaccessed her myself when we got home.

Now we wait on the results from the MRI. The waiting game is not a very fun game, but we just try to think positively and remember the words her neurosurgeon said after we forwarded him the last MRI in May ("her brain looks perfect").


The girls and I just got home from taking Riley to his first trip to the beach. Last year we discovered that he actually liked to swim in the bay! We throw the ball in and he goes right out and gets it. We love to watch him swim. This beach also is a good beach for beach glass, which Hannah and I love to collect. We have to be very careful about Hannah getting sun on any spots that had radiation, so I don't know how much we will be at the beach this year, but today was very nice, we had the whole place to ourselves. A little bit of normalcy.

xoKim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah Love,
I love your hooded beach towel. How cool is that. What is the hat?
Well, when you go for any test again they should make sure they have trained nurses to deaccess your port. Sorry you had to make another trip to the clinic.
So you collect beach glass. How fun. Beach glass is so different. Just like snowflakes or stars each uniquely made. Like us too, we are all created as unique people.
I was hoping to see you before my trip this weekend but I am at the library working today. If I do not get to visit this time, I will mail your band aids.
I pray that all your test come back clear.
Remember, you are always thought of in a special way my kindered spirit.
Go forth with steadfast determination and may God continue to give you strength and peace to your soul.
I love you much
Love & Blessings,
Mrs. Baker (Lynnis)

Anonymous said...

Before I leave for the weekend, I wanted to let you know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers and I hope the test results come back better than ever! ; )

Love all of the new pictures - Hannah, you are a bathing beauty! I love it!

Have a good weekend and take care!

Love - Angela (your cousin from Illinois)

Anonymous said...

Hola Hannah

And greetings from Madrid. Just got caught up on your news and am glad that things are going smoothly. Sorry I missed the Strawberry Festival this year but it sounds like it was a fun as ever.

I have been on a little vacation and can report that we will have some Italian bandaids to add to the growing collection - I have to tell you in advance that they are a litte boring - not much to look at but you can practice your Italian with the writing on the box.

Will keep an eye out for some interesting ones from Spain while I am here - lets see if we can get them a little more interesting.

It has been very hot here - but lots of fun - now working for a week here in Madrid so that will be a different kind of fun.

You take care, I see you are at the hospital today, hope all goes well - keep up the great spirits.

Love
Liza