Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hannah's been very busy this week with the last days of school. She was able to attend school on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings. She had a part in her class play, and enjoyed all of the party activities with her class. She was quite tired this week after her chemo treatment on Tuesday, and either went to bed early, or sometimes took naps. Other than that, she shows no signs from the chemo yet.

We did have to get her a new case (with rollers on it) to carry all of her bandaids. I tried to talk her into just taking SOME of them to clinic, and leaving the rest at home, but she didn't want any part of that. Thank you all for all of your wonderful bandaids. The last prized addition to her collection was a special delivery of Boston Red Sox bandaids-at which she just smiled and rolled her eyes. I told her that they didn't make these any more, and our Boston Hat man got them especially for her from Boston EMT's. They are great! She can't wait to take her new roller case in on Tuesday to show everyone her new additions to the collection.

We went swimming on Thursday after school. She had a good time, and even tried to give me a heart attack by jumping off the diving board. She did quite a bit of swimming and eating and a bit of resting too when the water got too cold.

Hannah announced that she wanted to go to horseback riding on Saturday. I thought she just wanted to go to watch, but she wanted to ride! She did ride, and did great. She looked much stronger than last time she went, she was walking and trotting and participated in the entire 1 hour lesson. We have seen improvement lately in her balance and coordination. She has been working hard at physical and occupational therapy. Our school will begin to provide physical, occupational and speech therapy for the summer beginning in July. In addition to two days of school therapy, we will also continue with her outpatient therapy at North Fork Physical therapy 2 days a week. Hannah will also continue with school tutoring. Her school teacher will begin working with her at home beginning tomorrow. Also, Colby and Hannah begin piano lessons tomorrow. They were both taking them previously, but have not had piano lessons this year. We will be very busy this summer!

xo Kim

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Hannah Love and Kim,
I was so happy to read your blog this morning. Wow!! have you ever been busy indeed. I am glad to hear you are having so much fun. Just reading all that have have done exhausted me for the day and it is only 8:30am. I need to go for my walk.
Swimming has always been my favorite and so invigoriating. Enjoy this beautiful weather. All this activity is good for your appetite eat well and rest well.
I want to see a picture with you riding your horse. Hannah, you truly are amazing don't ever give up.
I pray for God to continue to give you strength and steadfast determination.
May you feel the anointing of the spirit of Christ upon you always.
I love you much,
Love & Blessings,
Mrs. Baker (Lynnis)

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to read your busy and exciting last few days. Whew! I am so happy that your play was a success and that you swam and ate....I love to swim too, just like mrs. baker...maybe that is why we are such good friends! I was even a lifeguard in my distant past...can you believe that! Next time I am over you will have to show me those bandaids! I can't believe you have so many that you need a roller bag...wow~ I am leaving for Florida tomorrow to take care of my mom. I will look for some florida bandaids for you there! Be well and keep up the good work hannah banana! I will miss you. Love to you and Mom...and of course the rest of the family. Tell Riley not to bark at Mrs T!
Love
Mrs V

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah and Kim,
How uplifting to read tonight of how well things are there on Long Island. We think of you so often. Hannah, we think probably that the Red Sox bandaids will be the last ones you bring out from your big case of bandaids, but please think of the man from Boston you met each morning who loved you immediately. He is still wearing the Yankees hat that you gave him. He wears it for you, Hannah. He wonders if you ever wear the Red Sox hat. The Yankees aren't doing so well, so maybe you guys can become Red Sox fans after all. You'll have to talk to your Dad about that.
Love to you Hannah and Kim,
Judy and Dennis Griffin

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah
Wishing you well for tomorrow, may round #2 of out-patient go as well as the first. I will now go visit my friend Caroline's Care Pages to wish her well with her out-patient appointment tomorrow as well, I know 2 very special girls who both get their chemo on Tuesdays, so I say extra prayers on Monday night for you both.
Love and prayers,
Anne Salice

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah,
How are you doing? Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. Hope that you are well and i will talk to you later bye!

Anonymous said...

Hello Hannah and Family,
Keep up the good work, Hannah! We are looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. Keep eating so we can all go to Vermont. See you in about 2 weeks!

Love Aunt Paige