Sunday, June 10, 2007

We're back in the hospital. We got a call at home at 12:45am saying that the culture had started to grow bacteria (at hour 22 out of 24 hours) so Hannah needed antibiotics and needed to come in right away. Although it wasn't an immediate danger, they have to be sure that they control the infection, especially if it's in her port. We drove in and came into the ER to be admitted. It was not a good experience, they had to stick her 4 times to access her port, which was very traumatic for her, especially at 4am. We came up to our room at 5am.

She did ask in the emergency room what day it was, and figured out that is was now Sunday and she would have to cancel the party. We'll have it another day, hopefully soon.

On the upside, I think the appetite stimulant has started to kick in a bit. When she woke today she had 2 donuts, and 5 hardboiled eggs! She asked yesterday why she was suddenly "so hungry." It's good to see her eat, but it doesn't seem to be a constant yet, as now she might not eat anything else today. At least it's starting to work so the fear of the feeding tube is gone for the moment.

We'll be in the hospital at least until Monday, when we get the results of the culture back. Hopefully back home soon.

xoxoKim

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah Love and Mom,

I feel so bad you had to go back to the hospital so quickly. I really was praying for the culture to continue to be clear. Remember you are in the best place to keep you healthy and strong. Glad to hear you are eating better now.
Hang in there sunshine I know brighter days will be upon you.
I send you all my hugs and love.
Pray to see you real soon.
I Love you much
Love& Blessings,
Mrs. Baker (Lynnis)

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,
I still have your present waiting for you and I'm still not gonna tell what it is!!! You will have to wait so I can give it to you!!!So I hope you come home really soon so I can see you open this present. I love you.
Love Charley
PS We just gave Bernard a bath

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you I got some webkinz trading cards and I won a cool bed. Do you have trading cards? I hope you come back soon. I love you.
love charley

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah,
A late Happy 8th Birthday from the man with all the different hats in Boston. He is so happy you are eating a little more now and thinks you would love a "Fenway Frank" hot dog. Really yummy. You'll love it. He wants you to be well soon so he can put on his Red Sox hat again and then take off the Yankees hat you gave him that he wears every day. Hannah, just like in New York and so many Yankees hats, here in Massachusetts, it is not easy to wear a Yankees hat, but the man with the hats you met in Boston just wants you to get better because you are very special to him.
Love,
Dennis and Judy Griffin

Anonymous said...

hi there hannah,

hope you get home soon, keep up the eating and try some bacon with all those eggs!

There is a birthday gift from Mexico waiting for you in Mattituck (and something for Colby too!) Hope you enjoy it.

Remember what Henry told you a while ago and just keep on trying as hard as you can - it seems to have worked again for the Yankees - so it will work for you too.

love you

liza

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ponypal! I hope you feel better real soon! I know that you will have your big 8 birthday party real soon. Don't worry... there will be many more birthday parties (until you are old like me!). We miss you in Boston but, we also know that you are glad to be home! Give Mom, Dad, Colby and both Riley's a kiss!

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah,

We hope you come back to school soon. We miss you alot and we love you. When you are feeling better, check your webkinz-we sent you some webkinz gifts for your birthday!

Love, Colleen & Joe xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hello Hannah,
I am wishing good things for you and that you are feeling much better today. I pray you will be home real soon. I miss seeing your smiley face that of course always brightens my day.
I had a busy weekend visiting with my grandson Jacob. He leaves to go back to New Hampshire tomorrow. He will be 6 months old next Saturday and is now sitting up all by himself. such a fun age. He does not know about webkinz yet. He loves to play with rattles and noisy toys.
Well, my dear love you know you are always close to my heart and prayers.
I Love you much
Love & Blessings,
Mrs. Baker (Lynnis)

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah luv
Hope this finds you home and comfortable. I am hoping to see you tomorrow and to see you smiling face! Love to you am mom
Mrs.
V