Friday, June 29, 2007


We had a good time last night at the girl scout outing to the Ducks baseball game. It was pouring down rain on our way there, and the game got off to a late start at 8pm, even though it was still raining. She enjoyed being there, watching the game and the hot dogs of course. Here is a picture of Hannah with Dad, Diane, Colby, Abby and Isabelle. And another picture of Hannah with QuackerJack, the Ducks team mascot. We left in the 3rd inning, at 9:30pm since it's an hour ride to get home. We did end up getting tickets to another game, due to the rain delay, so we might go again next week, we'll see.

Some good news, Hannah's MRI results looked good, no tumor regrowth. I have yet to see the full report, but we are so happy that the tumor is at least at bay. Hannah and I were talking tonight before bedtime and I mentioned to her that her MRI and her audiogram came out great. She asked me what the MRI showed, and I said that it showed her brain was there, and working. But, she kept pressing the issue, and asked me if it showed were the tumor was. I told her, yes, it showed that the tumor was GONE. Then amazingly, she told me she wanted to see side by side pictures of her MRI with the tumor and the MRI without the tumor. Sometimes, she is smart beyond her years.

I then spent some time talking to her about her port and how we could make the whole experience better for her. I told her we could brainstorm ideas for how to make it easier for her. She said all the ideas I had were "dumb", and most of them probably were, but I was just trying to come up with something that she may be able to latch onto to take her mind off of the whole thing when they have to access her. I'm going to keep trying this approach of just offering other ideas until maybe she finds something she likes that may help her. She said she doesn't like it when they have to hold her down. None of us do.

xoKim

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Prokop Family,
What great news so far. We hope all continues well. We'll keep checking in tosee how you all progress but in the meantime stay strong and enjoy the summer.
Love,
The Bugdins

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah
Great news about the MRI!! I get to look at MRI's and CT scans a lot, they are amazing to look at. I bet you will find yours amazing!

How about we start a contest to see who can come up with the best idea to make the time your port has to be accessed easier for you? I'll start, how about Mom reads a really good book to you, do you like the Harry Potter books, she could start one of those and they go on forever!! O.K. I challange someone to come up with a better idea!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,

I'm so happy to hear you had a good MRI report!

I like Anne's idea of a port idea contest. Her idea of a book was very good. My suggestion: have your Mom hold up a picture of Derek Jeter and you can focus on his beautiful smile! I know I would forget my own name if someone did that.

Love Mrs. Purick

Anonymous said...

Hannah- I thought of another one! Get a really comfy pair of eye patches, (the ones they wear on the airplane to help them sleep) and a music player with headphones (Thomas has a portable CD player I am sure he will let you take) and listen to some beautiful music! Sit back and relax, imagine things like you and Riley sitting on the beach, riding horses.........

Now I think this is a pretty good one!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Hannah Sunshine,
Wow, great pictures at the Ducks game. How cool to have your picture taking with the mascot.
Your smile just blesses my day so much.
I am so thankful to hear the great news of your MRI report. I am praying for all good things to come your way.
I know how hard it is to go through these treatments and having your port accessed all the time. How about a beautiful picture postcard of something you like best. Maybe the sunset, sunrise, or perhaps a field of beautiful sunflowers and just focus on the beauty and listen to a cd of oceans waves or something inspiring to you.
Maybe that would send your mind to a far better place than sitting at the clinic enduring another treatment.
Remember you are thought of with much love and prayers my kindered spirited girl. You are amazing.
I Love You Much,
Mrs. Baker
(Lynnis)

Anonymous said...

Hannah
Wishing you well tomorrow, many good wishes and prayers that tomorrow goes well. You are a very brave little girl, stay strong.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah,

Sydney is counting down the days to come and see you. We will be there in two days and can't wait to see you and everyone else of course. We also have some surprises to bring with us for you guys. I hope that it is nice out so that we can do some fireworks.

Love, Aunt Susie

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah Love,
I am thinking of you this day and praying for you to have a restful night and all goes well tomorrow for your next treatment.
I should be back on Thursday and hope to visit with you soon.
Did you get your new band aids yet?
I am visiting in New Hampshire maybe I'll be able to find some different ones here.
Well, just wanted to say hello. '
May the sunshine upon you like a radiant light and give you peace and comfort.
I Love You Much,
Love & Blessings,
Mrs. Baker
(Lynnis)

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah Love,
I pray your day has gone well and you were able to vision good things when you had to have your port accessed. I know how uncomfortable this can be.
I think of you each day and pray for your continued healing and strength.
Look forward to seeing some new pictures on your blog soon.
Send all my love to Mom too.
I Love You Much,
Love & Blessings,
Mrs. Baker (Lynnis)