Tuesday, April 17


BYE BYE BOSTON! Hannah and I spent last night planting, yes planting, in our room. We had Yankee plastic hats- you know the ones you can buy ice cream in at the Yankee games, the same ones most people throw away, but we keep for fun things at home like this! We planted the hats with flowers for our friends here as a final going away Yankee gift. There was dirt everywhere, but we had fun doing it together. Hannah also signed a Yankees poster and we hung it in the gym for everyone to find in the morning. It's not difficult to spot amongst the sea of Boston posters and signs. Hannah really got a kick out of us secretly sneaking into the gym tonight after everyone had left and hanging the poster.

Hannah will get right back into the swing of things when we get back home. We are going into school on Friday morning to meet with her class. The meeting was initially set for me to go in and watch a Peanuts video about cancer with the class, and answer any questions they may have. However, Hannah and I discussed it and she asked if she could come also! We are looking forward to seeing everyone again. If everything is in place, Hannah should return to school half days next week sometime. Joe and Colleen-we'll have to tell you about the mysterious way your package showed up last Friday night, no one seems to know how it got here, but it was waiting on Hannah's bed when we arrived back late that night. We loved it and can't wait to see you both!

Hannah will continue with her physical, occupational, and speech therapy at home. We are anticipating that she will begin her next phase of the treatment, her chemotherapy, in about a month. However, we still do not have an oncologist lined up for Hannah, as we received word today that our insurance company has rejected our 2nd request for a doctor. We are still working on that one.

On the eve of our departure from Boston, we say goodbye to all of our new found friends (some pictured below), many of whom are now life long members of our family. Brian that includes your wonderful father, Mr. Griffin, also a proton patient. He has kept us entertained with his lively personality and daily change of hats-of course his hat today was the best-Go Yanks! What a beautiful spirit he is!

Tomorrow we will be able to say, TREATMENT #30, WE'RE DONE!!!!!!!

XOXO Kim and Hannah




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Hannah Love
Well,you have completed this journey with great determination and a smile on your face each day. Your are an amazing girl and what a wonderful inspiration to others.
May your travel home be blessed with great laugher and excitement. I can not wait to see you.
I hope that this blog will still be open to continue writing.
May you continue to have good health and recovery.
I Love you much
Love & Blessings
Mrs. Baker

Anonymous said...

I like all of the pictures that you have up.Bernard is crying for you to get home! I have to go to school now. I love you. Love Charley

Anonymous said...

Hannah,
It was really nice to see all of your friends at the hospital. It sounds like they are all really great people. I am sure that you will miss them but I know that once you get home it will feel great. I am sure that your class will be very excited to see you on Friday and it will be interesting for them to hear all the details of every thing that has been happening with you. We will see you soon.
Love,
Aunt Susie, Uncle Victor, and Sydney

Anonymous said...

Way to go Hannah!! The Yankees are going to need you back home so hurry back. We are very proud of you. You're doing a wonderful job of getting better, keep u[ the good work!!

Love,

Uncle Mike

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah,
It is great to hear you are coming home very soon. You have completed this jurney, with ups and downs. You are an amazing girl, with a heart of gold. You will grow up to be a successful person.
Lots of love
~THE MACKINS~

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah! It makes me so happy to see that you are such a HUGE Yankees fan and I hope you haven't let your time in Boston change you too much! I come from a long line of proud Yankees fans. I think your plant planting project sounds totally cool. I love plants and at my job at the Rainforest Alliance, I have a lot of plants on and around my desk. Everyone says that it is like my personal jungle! Maybe one day you can come visit with Aunt Liza?! In the meantime, have a great, safe trip back to New York.
xo
Dana

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah,
I can't believe your comming home! i can't wait to see you in school maybe passing in the hallways! GO YANKEES! mets stands for My Enire Team Stinks!

GO YANKEES!
-Tori

Anonymous said...

Hello Hannah,
We are so happy for you that you are going home. It will probably feel so good to sleep in your own bed. You have come a long way in such a short time. You are an inspiration tous all. We miss you!

Love Aunt Paige, Kate and Lynsey

Anonymous said...

Yipee,

By now I hope you are home and getting ready to head into school to see all your pals. I know they will all be happy to see you and to welcome you back. What a great day this will be!

Well done Hannah, have a great day today!

Love
liza

Anonymous said...

Yay Hannah!
The sun is finally shining today (Thursday) and I hope it is for you! Congratulations for completing one long journey. I'm hoping you are reading this from home with a grin from ear to ear!
Love,
Erin

Anonymous said...

Hello Hannah and Kim,
Well, this morning at the proton therapy center just wasn't the same! We missed your big smile, Hannah. We all are thrilled that you went on home yesterday, but everyone missed you, even busy Paul talked about both of you this morning. A huge void today. We only had to look at one Yankees shirt (on a gal who was there yesterday when we were all saying goodbye). She was so sorry she didn't wear it yesterday so everyone in the room would know you guys weren't the only Yankees fans in Boston. My Dennis loved telling you his favorite jokes and especially loves his Yankees hat because of the joy he got from meeting Hannah and receiving such a "special" gift from her. For him to wear a Yankees hat is just astounding! Hannah, remember to wear that Red Sox hat now and then. However, when Dennis goes to the Red Sox/Yankees game on Saturday afternoon with our son, you know who he'll be cheering for and I'm afraid he'll be wearing his hat with the big "B" on the front.

I hope your trip home went well. I'm sure Hannah was thrilled to be back in her own home with Riley greeting her.

Hannah, you and your Mom are very special people and we feel so blessed that we got a chance to meet you.
Love, Judy Griffin

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,

We are so excited that you are home and can't wait to see you tomorrow!

We missed you SO much!


Love, Colleen & Joe xoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah Love
I am sure you are snuggled in nicely at home and loving be in your own bed finally. I bet Colby is so excited to have you back along with Riley of course. Get a great nights sleep for your day tomorrow(Friday) and I know the sun will be shinning along with your beautiful smile. Your are a ray of sunshine always. I hope that I will see you tomorrow too, but understand that you will probably be busy with all your class friends. Don't overdue. I wish you the best day ever.
I love you much
Love & Blessings
Mrs. Baker(Lynnis)