Sunday, April 8


We had a wonderful weekend with everyone here. My parents stayed at a Holiday Inn a little futher from the hospital this time and it had a pool. Hannah was able to swim since her port was de-accessed and she is not on chemo right now. She had a great time. I, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck. I try not to treat her like she is any different, and say that she can't do things that other kids can, but it was so scary at first going in the water with her and seeing her swimming around. After I got over the fear I had that she shouldn't be swimming at all, it was a bit more fun for me. She acted like her old self, and even when another child came over to ask why she had no hair, it didn't phase her. We just said it all fell out, and the other girl said, "that's why my mom told me to wear a bathing cap, because my hair just falls out too in the water." Kids are so great that way, just so matter of fact about it all.

Hannah got to swim on Friday night, and Saturday as well. On Sunday after church our family went to brunch together. It was so cold in Boston today, walking outside was challenging! Hannah had a good time, even though her brunch consisted of bread with butter and soda. After brunch it was back to see what the Easter Bunny left us. He hid an egg for both Colby and Hannah, which they promptly found, so next year the bunny should be a little better at hiding them. Dad and Hannah finished off the Easter celebration with a game of catch in the hallway. We spent a great deal of time out of the hospital this weekend, which is very good for Hannah's emotional state. We can't stay anywhere overnight, so each night we are back here with her. After everyone left in this afternoon, Hannah and I spent a few hours making mermaids and purses. Only 8 more days of treatment, then we will be back home. I have noticed more spots on Hannah's scalp from the radiation, so we're just praying that she holds out for those 8 more.

We would like to say Happy Easter to all of our friends at home, and a special hello to all of our "Aunt Liza friends" all over the world. Not only is it fun reading your posts from all over the US and the world, but it is also a geographical challenge for us to find you! We're having fun with that too! We hope all of you had a peaceful and blessed Easter.
XOXO Kim and Hannah

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah, My sons Jacob and Caleb were in Boston with their Dad during the week. SNOW?? They said the flakes were huge. It has been cold here but we didn't get any snow. The water looks great for swimming and you look like you are having great fun with your sister. Wishing you a Happy Easter and let's hope for some warm spring weather soon.

Love, Mrs. Smith

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah: I am a friend of Aut Liza, and she told me about you. I am writing you from Guatemala, a bit south from Mexico. We use to call Guatemala the "Everlasting Spring country" because we do not have snow, just rainy season and dry season. I have 3 kids: two boys and a girl; my second boy is about your age, and I love them so much. We all send you many regards from here!! Our only hope is that you get well very soon!!

All the best, Mr. Lemus

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah, I see that you are a great swimmer and you have the most amazing smile in every picture.
I am glad you had a great Easter and I wish you and your family that the miracle of Easter fills your lives with joy! I am sure the Easter Bunny was good to you :)
Love, Anna

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah I liked your pictures.
I got a tiger webkinz. bernard said hi.My cosin Claire said hi.I see you got alot of new frineds.
love
Charley

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah,

It looks like you had a great Easter weekend! What fun you and Colby had swimmng! Isn't that amazing that you can go swimming when it is so cold outside? We wish we were coming to Boston for the marathon like we did last year so we could visit you but, alas, no such plans this year. I read all of your's and mom's blogs and so enjoy all the pictures! Soon you will get to go home and that will be so good for all of you! I say prayers for you everyday and know that God is watching over you!
Love, Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah! I'm another one of Aunt Liza's friends. I work with her in New York. I just went on vacation to Nicaragua for 2 weeks. While I was there, I saw a lot of monkeys playing in the trees! Unfortunately, I didn't see any Easter bunnies! It looks like you had a great Easter, though, so I am happy about that.
xo
Dana

Anonymous said...

Hannah, thank you for the wonderful blog! I'm yet another "Aunt Liza friend" from the Rainforest Alliance and really appreciate your interesting stories and huge smile.

In Bulgaria, where I'm from, each spring we give our friends "martenitsi," little red and white dolls, that symbolize health and the coming of spring.

You're supposed to wear your martenitsa until you see the first stork--that's when you know spring has finally come--and then take it off and tie it to the nearest flowering tree.

So, I'm imagining sending you a beautiful red and white martenitsa, and that you see a stork flying around soon, so that spring is finally here!

Best wishes,

Vera

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,

We got our webkinz today!

Colleen is colleen0224
Joe is joe0224

Love, Colleen & Joe xoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah,

My name is Orianne and I spent a summer working in the same office as your Aunt Liza. I live in New York City right now, but I will soon move to Washington DC. Washington is famous for its beautiful pink cherry blossoms. I was in Washington and saw them on the first day they bloomed. They are just gorgeous!

I really enjoy your blog. You are such a beautiful, brave, and special girl. My favorite part about your blog is that you are always smiling!

Lots of love,
Orianne

Anonymous said...

Wow, Hannah! Your Aunt Liza sure has alot of friends around the world. And now they are all YOUR friends, too. How fun is that?

I'm glad that you had a great Easter and you got to spend all that time with your family. Hotels with swimming pools are always the best, aren't they?

Only 8 more days until you get to go home! Keep up the great work, Super Girl!

Kim, I think about you every day and continually send warm thoughts and prayers your way.

Much Love,
Mylese

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah,

I hope you enjoyed the science experiments I sent to Boston. Our class is waiting to see the changes that happened over the break to our sunflowers and mealworms.


I loved seeing all the pictures of you!! I hope you enjoyed your Easter and spending time with your family.

Our class is making another video. I'll make sure Coby gets it this week.

Love,

Mrs. Tepfenhardt

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah it is Julia again (Mele) that is, ya know from Pre K. I loved your picture with Colby. My webkinz sent you letter, I hope that you were able to see it. It sounds like you had a nice Easter with your family. It will be great when you are home!!! Take care, Love Julia

Anonymous said...

Hi hannah,

Another friend of your aunt Liza wants to wish you all the best and hopefully you get well soon.

Love out of Guatemala

Marcel

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,
it looked like you had fun swimming, with your sister. I love to swim too. We hope everything is well in Boston. Lots of love<3
~The Mackins~

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah:

I'm glad to see you had a wonderful Easter weekend. Good job on finding the eggs fast!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah Banana,

Hoppy Hoppy Easter hope you had a fun day looks like you colored some wonderful eggs. Joseph got the movie Erogon, Kaitlin got a white bunny and $$ and Abigail got some easter shoes and sandles and they all got Willow tree figurines. Mom says you are doing real well we are all praying for you on this holy day. Love you lots

Diane and the Graeb Family