Saturday, April 21

Today is Saturday, beginning of our first weekend at home. Today is the first day I have really felt a dramatic difference in being home. Normally at the hospital, we had no radiation and only 1/2 hour of therapy on the weekends, and then we were free to leave the hospital for the day. We did have many fun adventures in Boston, but it's not like being at home on a Saturday, where you can go out or stay in and do nothing. It's very relaxing, and the first time I have noticed such a big difference in being home. Hannah went to PT for her first evaluation on Friday, and they were impressed with her strength and attitude. She has work to do, but has made great progress to date. Hannah will also attend school beginning Monday for half days. She is excited, but at the same time, apprehensive.

We had a welcome home party today for Hannah with her closest friends and family. She was so excited, she sat upstairs on the deck and greeted everyone as they arrived. This is a picture of Hannah and her friends as Hannah made her "wish", wonder what it was because I certainly know what mine was. And another picture of all of Hannah's friends and family with her welcome home cake. Her friends are so wonderful, they are supportive and encouraging and just happy to have her home.

On another note, our boys better step up and pull this one out. The Yankees have lost 2 out of 2 games so far, and we can almost hear all of our friends from Boston cheering all the way from Long Island. One more game tomorrow to save face, let's go! XOXO Kim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
I'm so happy to see that you both are home, what a wonderful picture, she looks happy. If a picture is worth a thousand words, I think this one is worth a million. She is such a strong girl, and that smile.
I think of you, Hannah and your entire family everyday sending prayers and positive energy your way.
My father, My husband and I went to the benefit, What a support system you have, everything was so amazingly done.
Love,
"Miss" Sarah

Anonymous said...

Have a great day today Hannah, it will be great to be back in Cutchogue East! Have fun.

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME HANNAH!!!!!

Love, Uncle Mike

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah Love and Kim
What a wonderful welcome home gathering you had with all your family and friends. I am so happy you are in your own home and settling in.
Hannah, I was so blessed to see you and Mom yesterday on your way out from school. What perfect timing God gave for us to have that moment together. you made my day so special thanks too for the great big hug you truly look beautiful.Hannah love I have imprinted your beautiful smile and face upon my mind set for everyday.
You and Mom are my amazing girls.
I continue to pray for you always.
I am sure you are having a great time back at school with all your friends and teacher. Enjoy each day and may the sun shine upon you always.
I Love you much
Mrs. Baker (Lynnis)