Monday, April 2

Treatment day #18. Hannah gets weighed in and checked every Monday at the Proton Center, and this Monday she weighed in a full 1/2 pound higher-cause for rejoycing!!! She is doing so well with her treatments. It is cumulative, so it seems that by Friday, her appetite has decreased, and her scalp shows signs of the "burn" marks, but by Monday, some of the burns have begun to heal a bit, and she is eating more. Here is Hannah with her Yankee tatoos. We received them today in the mail, special delivery to Hannah. We're not sure who sent them, so someone please let us know. She loves them and is very happy about antagonizing all the Boston Red Sox fans on opening day! Hannah's lost tooth still hasn't shown up (and I'm not doing alot about looking for it.) Here is what she left the tooth fairy last night, and I guess it worked since the fairy found her here. This is a picture of Hannah eating her pizza when she lost her tooth.
We were given a discharge date today from the rehab hospital. As long as everything goes as planned, and continues as well as it's going now, we will be coming home on April 18th. Alleluia, Alleluia!! It's so nice to have a date and a goal for coming home. It gives all of us motivation and hope. Home-you don't know how much you appreciate it until you're gone for 3 months. We really miss everyone and everything at HOME! My parents are back for the month of April to help out again. Thanks Mom and Dad, such a Godsend and such a big help. Thank you to everyone for all of your love and support!

xoxo
Kim

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah

we hope you feel better

you might not remember us

we are thinking of you

for Webkinz Savannah's user name is Hausie5 & Elizabeth's user name is ELIZRB100.



From

Savannah Hauser & Elizabeth Barry

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah,

We are all thinking of you everyday. Sounds as if you are working hard and doing well. My family and I will be in Boston for three days starting Tuesday so that my son Jacob can start to look at colleges.

If you are up for a visit you can drop an email at asmith@mufsd.com or call me at 631 774 8779

We will need to know how when it is ok for me to visit.

Mrs. Smith

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,

As it turns out my daughter is sick and I will not be visiting Boston as planned. If things change I will let you know.

Thinking of you everyday!

Mrs. Smith

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,
I lost a tooth yesterday and had a visit from the tooth fairy last night. I've lost 4 teeth so far - how many have you lost?

Love, Sam (your cousin in San Francisco)

Anonymous said...

Hannah,

That is great news that you have a date to finally get to go home. We look forward to the day when we can see pictures of you in your own backyard.

Good for the Yankees but I bet grandpa isn't too happy becuse his Cubs lost their fisrt game. Oh well it is only the first game.

Love, Aunt Susie

Anonymous said...

Dear Hanna, I am Lorena Hidalgo, from Quito. Just recently I began to work for Rainforest Alliance. I've seen your pictures and yes, you are very cute. I am praying that you are healed soon and go back home soon too. My mother language is spanish so I take longer to write in english. I will be checking your blog daily to find out how you are doing.
Love. Lorena